Welcome Houston Security company and alarm systems by OnDuty Systems, LP, provider of Alarms, Security Equipment, Camera and Fire Alarm systems dealer. OnDuty has been serving the greater Houston area since 1994 and has thousands of residential and commercial alarm clients in the Greater Houston area, including Houston, Galveston, Texas City, League City, Baytown, Kingwood, The Woodlands, Spring Cypress, Katy, Sugar Land, Pearland, Bellaire, Clear Lake, Pasadena, Friendswood, Texas area and points between.
OnDuty specializes in quality security burglar alarm and fire alarm systems for new construction, existing residences, commercial buildings and industrial complexes. We also provide security camera systems, structured wiring, audio systems, central vacuum, and Pest-Tube in-wall pest control systems. OnDuty provides the latest in technology, including Virtual Keypad Access via Smartphone to operate your alarm system, and Home Automation to control locks, lights, and thermostats.
Commercial Alarm Systems
OnDuty specializes in quality commercial security burglar alarm and fire alarm systems, security camera systems, and access control door systems.
Today’s modern alarm systems are monitored by ‘single’ or ‘dual-path’ communications via Internet and Cellular networks, that transmit to the alarm monitoring station. These methods are far superior to the conventional POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) or VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) transmissions.
Alarm signals are relayed to police and fire authorities and the owners’ representatives in case of an emergency, and other non-priority signals can be sent to your smart-phone via text/push and/or email.
In addition, the alarm system can signal when the alarm is armed and disarmed, providing for notifications to the owner/manager of the property when employees or family members have armed and disarmed the alarm system.
For homeowners, up to a 20% discount on their homeowners’ insurance policy can be obtained when alarm monitoring is established.
OnDuty Systems installs high resolution surveillance camera systems for residential and commercial applications. Our color camera systems are recorded on a Digital Video Recorder for easy playback. Additionally, you can view the camera’s live online via your smart phone. We can use the screen motion sensitivity to create real-time recordings.
A guide to Home Security selection
Home security systems or burglar alarms provide protection for you, your loved ones and your property. Once you’ve decided to add a system to your home, it’s time to select a licensed Houston security company who provides the best solution for your family’s needs.
This guide will provide you with information you need to know to make an informed decision about your home security company so you can have the peace of mind that comes from making the best choice.
Houston Security Company installs Residential cameras!
When having a licensed professional install your system, the end result is….
- A worry-free installation usually backed up by an installation warranty
- Having a fresh set of eyes on site with experience to answer questions and spot potential areas to address
- Experience configuring systems for your specific needs
- May be wired or wireless – This also depends on whether or not your house was pre-wired
If you install a system yourself
- You save a potential installation fee
- You might be able to take the equipment with you when you move if it is not fixed to the wall
- Troubleshooting problems with equipment means contacting equipment vendors or manufacturers
- You need to be comfortable determining your security needs and design a system to meet those needs
- Today, there are also hybrid options, where you can purchase your equipment from a security company and set it up yourself. The company also offers maintenance and troubleshooting guidance as part of the monthly fee you pay. If having a Do it Yourself option is important to you, it’s one of the most important questions you should ask when deciding which company to use.
Alarm Monitoring System(s)
The central monitoring portion of a home security system provides the security link between your home and the emergency personnel you need when an emergency occurs. It is critical to ask, when considering which company is right for you, if the central monitoring station meets Underwriters Laboratories (UL) guidelines. The standards set forth by UL are comprehensive and address virtually every aspect of a monitoring center to ensure it follows stringent safety protocol so you can be rest assured of their security response.
Here are a few more things you should know about central monitoring stations:
- Central monitoring stations do not typically have the ability to turn your system on or off. Arming and disarming the system is a feature that should remain strictly under your control.
- Some companies let you configure your system to alert the central monitoring station when your system is turned on or off. It’s a feature most often used in commercial properties, but some residential security companies and systems also offer it. Additionally, companies like OnDuty Systems can provide this information on and controlled by your smart phone. In most cases, the monitoring station cannot tell whether your system is armed or not, so that determination and responsibility will fall to you.
- Likewise, in most cases, the central monitoring station cannot determine if your system is malfunctioning. The monitoring station is just for receiving alarms, not for functional monitoring of individual security systems. That’s why it’s important to test your system on a regular basis. Be sure to test the system after major power outages or electrical storms. We do offer an option that enables your system to send a daily “test code” to the station to alert the company when your system may not be functioning properly.
Landline, Broadband or Cellular: What’s the Difference?
While systems of a few years ago relied exclusively on landlines or POTS lines (Plain Old Telephone Service) to communicate with the central monitoring station, today’s security systems offer several options – landlines, Internet or broadband and cellular. Be sure to consider the pros and cons of each when deciding which type of connection you want your system to have.
What to Consider When Choosing a Houston Security Company
When you choose a Houston security company, you’re choosing a company you trust to protect not only your property, but you and your loved ones as well.
We want to be sure you have all the information you need to gain the peace of mind that comes from knowing you have the best possible protection in place for your needs.
Call us today at 713-378-7589 and ask for Zeyda!